Happy International Lego Day! Fun fact: On January 28, 1958 Godtfred Kirk Christiansen patented the Lego brick. Also, the word Lego comes from the Danish phrase ‘leg godt’ which means ‘play well’.
Legoland Florida has a lot happening over the next couple years. In 2019, guests can expect more than just a brand new attraction, but a brand new land themed around The Lego Movie and The Lego Movie 2: The Second Part. The new area, Lego Movie World, is slated to open on March 27. Legoland is also opening a miniature golf course in Summer 2019 to on-site hotel guests. And in 2020, Legoland Florida will open their 3rd onsite hotel themed to pirates.
With International Lego Day upon us, we thought we’d give your feet a break from finding Legos and give you a tour of Lego Movie World! Check out the video below!
Video: Tour of Lego Movie World
While this was just a small preview of what Lego Movie World has to offer, the video showed just parts of the land including a space-themed play area inspired by Benny’s spaceship, Unikitty’s Disco Drop, and Masters of Flight.
The full line-up of what the Lego Movie World has to offer includes:
- Masters of Flight will take guests on a journey aboard Emmet’s Triple Decker Couch. Guests will be surrounded by a full-dome virtual screen which will give guests the sensation of flying through a world created completely from Lego bricks. This attraction is the first of its kind at a major theme park that embeds a 180° turn within the ride experience.
- Unikitty’s Disco Drop will take guests through a rainbow-filled journey of Unikitty’s many moods. Guests will travel to the top of Cloud Cuckoo Land, drop, spin, and then bounce back to Earth.
- Battle of Bricksburg is the only water-based attraction at Lego Movie World. This attraction was repurposed from the original World of Chima attraction but completely re-themed. Riders will be tasked with stopping the Duplo aliens from invading and stealing Lego bricks by spraying water at targets from the boat. Guests outside the attraction can participate too with water cannons to help riders save the day!
- Taco Everyday is where guests can get tasty Tacos not just on Tuesdays, but everyday!
- The Awesome Shop is a gift shop featuring collectibles gusts can purchase and take home.
- It also features a space-themed playground inspired by Benny’s spaceship
- Special photo opportunities and character interactions